Monday 29 June 2009

Windows 7 - A compatible sound card! Sound Blaster Audigy 2

So, after installing Windows 7 I found that my on board sound card didn't work. There simply weren't drivers for it. I friend had an old PCI Sound Blaster Audigy 2 kicking about that he was kind enough to give me.

I slapped it in, fired up the computer and once Windows 7 was booted up it found some new hardware. The initial installation failed, but when I ran Windows Update and checked for new updates it found:

Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

After installing the updates and restarting the computer it worked!


Sorted!

1 comment:

Sakira said...

Your article is very smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a brand new app spotify premium apk latest you'll be able to check.Thanks for wonderful diary.